Helping Others Progress with Empowerment
Intensive Family Reunification Support Services are designed to complement case management services by providing intensive in-home family engagement through case management and therapeutic services, in order to successfully reunite children with their families. Through intensive, in-home services, BAYS will oversee the transition of children who have entered the Child Welfare Dependency System in Hillsborough County, FL and who are dually involved, or at risk of becoming involved, in the Juvenile Dependency System. Services are designed to reunify the family and implement preventive measures to strengthen and stabilize the family.
- Intensive Family Reunification Services are to be provided to children who have been placed in licensed or relative/non-relative care and are involved or at risk of becoming involved in the Juvenile Justice System.
- Make a face-to-face contacts with each family at the frequency determined necessary during the initial staffing with the referral source, no less than twice per month.
- Facilitate Staffing for all cases at a minimum of one time per month.
- Step-Up Classes (Domestic Violence)
- Individual, Family, Sibling, and Couples Therapy
- Parenting Classes
- Safety Planning
- Direct and Supportive Teaching
- Supervised Visitation in preparation for reunification
- Behavior Management
- Community Support and Advocacy
- Extended Family Support
- Advocacy through area schools
- Job Training
- Employability Skills
Duration of Program:
BAYS will serve each family for approximately ninety (90) to one hundred twenty (120) days, beginning as soon as thirty (30) days prior to reunification in order to provide pre-unification intervention to prepare the family for the child’s return home or as soon as families are referred which may occur after child has been reunified.
An additional sixty (60) days to ninety (90) days of intensive services will be provided to the family after the child is returned home in order to ensure all needed supports are in place and the child can remain safely in the home.
(Included but not limited to)
- Children who have been identified by the Case Management Organization or Eckerd Community Alternatives as being in need of intensive in-home family reunification services in order to successfully reunify the child with the family.
- Children who are involved, or are at risk of becoming involved in the Juvenile Justice System.
- Children who engage is disruptive behaviors.
- Children who reside in Hillsborough County.
- At least one adult member of the household must be willing to cooperate with the program services.
Click Here: Referral Form
Send Referrals to: BAYS-Hope@baysflorida.org